Saturday, February 23, 2019

By the Bay - a Master piece

When I saw this stamp set in the SAB catalogue I was not interested at all and I only got it after I ran out of options.

Boy, did I change my mind once I started working with it!

Here's what I call "My Master piece"

The scene on the Bay was coloured with watercolour pencils and an aqua painter.  I found it hard to see all the different elements to colour, so I used the sock matching approach.

When matching socks after doing laundry, I start with the socks I know match, tackling the rest last.  In this image, I coloured what I knew to be i.e water, building, wall, etc gradually identifying other images until I had coloured everything. Clear Wink of Stella was applied to the water.

A light colour washing of the sky and my  master piece was done.  After sponging the edges with Basic Gray ink, it was matted with Basic Gray and then Grapefruit Grove foil paper.  This was added to the card front using dimensionals.

The basic card is Basic Gray card stock, layered with Sahara Sand card stock (retired) which was embossed with the Subtle Texture Embossing Folder. On top of that on the edges was added a frame of Grapefruit Grove foil which was made using 2 sizes of Stitched Rectangle Framelits.

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  By The Bay (SAB)
Inks:  Black Memento, Watercolour Pencils, Basic Gray
Papers:  Whisper White, Basic Gray, Grapefruit Grove Foil, Sahara Sand (retired)
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangle Framelits, Subtler Texture Embossing folder, Dimensionals, Aqua painter,  Clear Wink of Stella


1 comment:

mary noble said...

Wow, the foil really sets off your lovely watercoloring!