Saturday, February 23, 2019

A Shaker Birthday Cake

What is there about approaching Spring that causes one to start cleaning and sorting??

Today I was sorting through my stamps selecting ones to place in a stamp sale.  I came across a stamp set and coordinating framelit I had not even opened!  So I stopped all my cleaning and sorting and 'played' with my new found treasure...….

…...and made this shaker birthday (or it could be an anniversay or wedding ) cake.

Using the coordinating framelits, the various cake layers were die cut in Blushing Bride card stock; using the stamp set, the various layers were stamped on a Whisper White piece that would be placed behind the die cut, with the shaker elements between. The stamping can be seen in the picture below.

The cake became the shaker with a window sheet adhered behind the die cut layers, foam adhesive strips and shaker elements. Scallop strips in Blushing Bride glimmer paper were added below each layer; a glimmer bow at the cake top, and the cake is help up with a Blushing Bride cake base. White organza ribbon was attached to the left side of the die cut piece, with a triple ribbon added near the top. Rich Razzelberry flowers with tiny pearl centers adorn the right side of the cake.


The shaker unit was matted with Blushing Bride glimmer paper and this was added to the card front adhered with Romance Floral DSP, Powder Pink card stock and Thick Whisper White.


The sentiment, stamped using Rich Razzelberry ink, was added side ways to the left of the cake using dimensionals, because it did not fit anywhere else.  I rather like it there. (See second picture).

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Shake & Celebrate
Inks:  Powder Pink, Rich Razzelberry
Papers:  Whisper White, Blushing Bride, Powder Pink, Floral Romance DSP, Thick Whisper White, Rich Razzelberry, Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper
Accessories:  Window sheet, Foam adhesive strips, Shaker Elements, Tiny pearls, Stitched Rectangle Framelits, dimensionals, 1/4" White Organza ribbon, Shaker Framelits

Will this stamp set and coordinating framelits be part of my stamp sale the end of March?  Highly unlikely.
I continue my sorting, hoping to sell enough to finance my trip to Vancouver where I will attend On Stage.

No comments: