Saturday, December 3, 2016

Nailed It

The new Occasions catalogue will be here soon.  Today I made a Twist and Pop card which high lights the new Masculine stamp set "Nailed It"  It reminds me so much of an older stamp set which has a been a favourite of mine for years "Tool Time".  Remember that one?

I did incorporate some images from that retired stamp set into this card.


For the background of the art pieces the smaller images (nails, screws, etc) were stamped randomly using Basic Gray ink. The Timeless Texture stamp set was used as well.  I just love that set!! All edges were sponged with Basic Gray ink.

The images were coloured with markers and then cut out and placed where I wanted them on.
A belly band was used to keep the card closed.  A real screw and bolt  was used as an embellishment on this band.

Supplies Used: 
Stamp: Nailed It, Timeless Texture, Tool Time (retired)
Inks: Basic Gray, Black Memento, Markers (Real Red, Crushed Curry, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede)
Papers:Whisper White, Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, Smoky Slate DSP
Accessories: Labels framelits, 1 3/4" scallop circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1" circle punch, dimensionals, Clear Wink of Stella glitter, a screw and a bolt.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Make a cute Fathers Day card for a "crafty" Dad

Ann said...

Cute card for a "crafty" Dad

Marcia k said...

I made a simular card for a guy that is my handy man in my neighborhood I as a thank u.
I used the wood embossing folder and cut the tools out and just scattered them on the wood.
Not near as clever as yours. (I’m not showing your to him. Lol