Saturday, August 21, 2021

Sweet Little Stockings - So Cute!

 I'm an animal lover.  

I love dogs.  

I love cats.  (I have 2 of my own)

I even love squirrels (but not all the time) Correction:  a hamster

So, when I saw the Sweet Little Stocking Bundle I was in love! So I made a few cards.  The stamps, dies, and Designer Paper work so well together that for the first card I was able to incorporate all elements in the design.


 The stockings were die cut from the Sweet Stockings DSP using the Stocking Dies. The dog, squirrel, and cat were first stamped, then coloured, and die cut.  There is an option to stamp and colour the stockings as well, but why do so when there are two 12 by 12 DSP sheets full of 3 sizes of stockings.

On a separate piece of Basic white I also stamped the accessories you see at the of each stocking- two pine sprigs, a bow, two ivy sprigs.  The Santa hat was also stamped and coloured, then die cut and added to the cat's head at a jaunty angle.  See a close up of the stockings and occupants below.


The stockings need to be hanging from something, so I cut a 1/2" piece of Early Espresso card stock, and embossed it with the Woodgrain embossing folder. It was adhered to the card front with dimensionals.
The stockings were adhered to this 'beam'.  A star embellishment was added to each end.
The card base of Cherry Cobbler was matted with Basic White card stock embossed with the Brick and Mortar embossing folder.
After the stockings were hung, the sentiment, stamped with Cherry Cobbler ink, was added above the 'beam.

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Sweet Little Stockings
Inks:  Black Memento, Cherry Cobbler, Stampin blends
Dog: Cinnamon Cider , Crumb Cake, Soft suede
Cat:  Smokey Slate
Hamster:  Smokey Slate
Santa Hat:  Cherry Cobbler
Papers:  Cherry Cobbler, Basic White, Early Espresso, Little Stockings DSP
Accessories:  Brick & Mortar Embossing Folder, Dimensionals, Stocking dies, Cute stars adhesive backed sequins



No comments: