Saturday, August 28, 2021

Merry & Bright- a Christmas Bauble card plus more

 I initially did not get the " Bright Bauble" bundle, thinking I was not going to make any 3d Christmas ornaments this year.  The pandemic has really put a wrench in my plans for local Craft shows to sell any items I make, and classes have been cancelled for another  year as well.

However, after careful consideration, I decided to make family and friends a 3D Christmas ornament this year. This bundle would be perfect for this.

But before I make ornaments I decided to make some cards using the Bauble as a focal point.  Idea!!  Why not make a card to match the ornament?

So here is my card:


I must admit I did not know where to start making this card, and whenever that is the case I select the DSP ( Whimsey & Wonder DSP) first selecting my  colour palette  from there( Mint Macaron, Misty Moonlight, Flirty Flamingo, Petal Petal Pink)


Because its a larger stamp, I used the stamparatus to stamp the image, and coloured it with Stampin' Blends and die cut it with the Delicate Bauble.  Before adding it to the card, I added Crystal Effects over the entire surface.  When it was dry, it was added to the card front using dimensionals.  Some 3/8" metallic Petal Pink ribbon was inserted through the top of the ornament (bauble) and adhered to the top of the card between the DSP and Basic White layers.  A bow made with the same ribbon is added to the top of the bauble.

The Mint Macaron card base is  5 1/2" square.  It is matted first with Basic White, followed by Whimsey & Wonder DSP.  I cut a panel of the reverse side of the DSP (Misty Moonlight) and adhered it to the middle of the DSP.  Before adhering it, I added some  silver foil die cut with the Basic Border die along each of the long sides.

Supplies Used:

Stamp:  Bright Baubles

Inks:  Black Memento, Stampin' Blends (Mint Macaron, Flirty Flamingo, Balmy Blue), Misty Moonlight

Papers:  

  • Mint Macaron 5 1/2 by 11 Scored at 5 1/2"
  • Basic White 5 1/4 by 5 1/4" (2 pieces) - one for the inside
  • Whimsey & Wonder DSP 5 by 5
  • Whimsey & Wonder DSP 3/4" by 5" for inside
  • Whimsey & Wonder DSP (reverse side) 2 3/4 by 5"
  • Champagne Foil 1 by 51/4" (2 pieces) - die cut with border die
  • Basic White 3 by 4  for image
Accessories:
  • Delicate Baubles dies
  • Basic Border dies
  • 3/8" metallic Petal Pink ribbon (retired)
  • Shimmer Crystal Effectds
  • Dimensionals
  • Glue dots

Below are some examples of 3D Ornaments











No comments: