Monday, May 3, 2021

Vellum Background with Stampin Blends and Alcohol - with Video

 This technique has made a revival.  It was quite popular a few years ago and has made a come back and is taking today's craft world by storm.  There are numerous Pinterest and blog posts re this technique and my video today will join them.

Once I heard about this technique I made quite a few backgrounds, using various colour combinations, and today I made a video.

Here is the video:


  You can watch it on this blog or on You Tube here

In the video I used the following colour combinations:  Fresh Fressia, Soft Succulent, Polished Pink, and Pale Papaya to demonstrate how to apply these Stampin blends with 91% alcohol to a piece of Vellum.  After the treated vellum dried, I demonstrated how to adhered the Vellum to a piece of Basic White card stock using an adhesive sheet. In lieu of an adhesive sheet, Tombo glue can be used, applying it with a sponge.

Several of my background pieces have been made into cards.  Several are below with the names of the stamp sets/dies used below each one.

Sailing Home and High Tide


Beautiful Trees die



Many Layered Blossoms Dies


Pansy Petals DSP & Scallop Contour Dies - Gilded Leafing Flakes


Celebrating Sunflowers

Beautiful Moments





No comments: