Saturday, November 2, 2019

Rustic Retreat - Try Stampin on Tuesday #432

Today I was at a Craft show in Lindsay where a team mate had a booth and I was surrounded with Christmas crafts, some traditional, some more rustic.  Christmas is coming closer every day, a fact the weather this week reminded me of rather briskly.  Heavy rain, intermixed with freezing rain made for somewhat difficult driving conditions.  But the trip was worth it.

Some of the Christmas decor reminded me of the card I made for the sketch challenge with Try Stampin' on Tuesday #432  which also had an optional theme of mixing patterns.

The patterns I used were from the Wrapped in laid DSP




In a 2" punched circle, I stamped the image of a rustic cabin which was coloured with Stampin' Blends and watercolour pencils with snow and glitter added to make it look wintery. BRRR!

This was adhered to a background of 3 different patterns of  Wrapped in Plaid DSP.


Three different colours of Stampin' markers were used to stamp the sentiment, which was punched with the Everyday Label Punch.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Rustic Retreat, Merry Moose
Inks:  Black Memento, Stampin' Blends (Shaded Spruce, Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Smokey Slate, Whisper White, Seaside Spray) Stampin; Markers (Real Red, Shaded Spruce, Soft Suede)
Papers:  Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White,   Wrapped in Plaid DSP
Accessories:  2" Circle Punch, Every Day Label Punch, Puff Paint, SU Glitter

4 comments:

Marjolein said...

Lovely christmascard! Over here in the Netherlands the weather is also turning into winter. It takes a time for I get used to the colder temperatures. Thank you for joining TSOT!

Heather said...

Awesome! This set is turning out to be my sleeper favorite, I think - don't we all wish we had this sweet cabin in the woods (with all the amenities, of course!) Love your arrangement with our sketch, and the snowy texture - cool! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Fiona said...

Such a lovely image you've created - I could just see myself there on a cold winter's night with a hot mug of cocoa - thanks for the inspiration - and for joining us at TSOT this week.

Donna Scholz said...

Excellent job of coloring the cozy cabin, Maria!!! Love the pattern papers you chose as well! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna