Friday, November 1, 2019

In a Galaxy Far, Far Away.......

Now that the stress of getting ready for a craft show is over, I have time to 'play' with some of the stamps/dies that have been sitting on my shelf feeling very neglected..

One of them is "So Many Stars" with its coordinating dies "Stitched Star"

I must admit I found all those stars rather daunting, until I saw a picture of a card with the galaxy background.  So, I searched for a tutorial, and found one that was very helpful here

Here's a picture of my card with the galaxy background technique, made using sponging and Stampin' Up inks.


This is a larger card than one I usually make - 5 by 7".  When I finished sponging the background I could not bear to cut it up .  Next time I will make the watercolor paper the right size for an A2 card.

On watercolour paper, I sponged the following colours:  Crushed Curry, Rich Razzelberry, Gorgeous Grape, Night of Navy and Basic black.



After I finished with the sponging I sprinkled water over the surface followed by application of white acrylic paint using a tooth pick.

Then I die cut some stars and the string of stars and added them to the galaxy.  The sentiment "Joy" was embossed directly onto the background using the new white glitter embossing powder.



This background was matted with Whisper White and adhered to a Basic Black card base.

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  So Many Stars
Inks:  Crushed Curry, Rich Razzelberry, Gorgeous Grape, Night of Navy, Basic Black, Versa mark
Papers:  Watercolour, Whisper White, Basic Black, Silver Foil
Accessories  Stitched Star dies, White acrylic paint


No comments: