Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Hey Love, Hey Valentine - an Occasions catalogue sneak peak

I know!  You don't have to take my temperature!  I am well aware that we are a week away from Christmas and here I am making a Valentine's Day card!

Frankly, it's not so crazy, as classes start early in the New Year and I am getting a head start on making class samples. Plus you're getting a sneak peak at one of the stamps in the Occasions catalogue, as well as some of the new DSP.

I made this card using a template on the Stamparatus enabling me to stamp this little Valentine's Day character in a circle. And let me say that the new cling stamps work just as marvellously with the Stamparatus as with the stampin' blocks.


After stamping the bird in a circle, I die cut the 4" square with a circle framelit and matted it with a Scallop circle in Lovely Lipstick card stock.  Each image was coloured with  a Stampin' Blend (Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, and Lovely Lipstick).  Some red glitter was added to each of the little hearts held in the little bird's beak.  Once the glitter was dry, I added the sentiment, which I flagged at both ends, in the circle center using dimensionals.  A small real red ribbon was adhered to the lower end.



The 5 by 5" Lovely Lipstick card base is matted with Whisper White, upon which I added a strip of "All My Love" DSP which has some Red Glimmer Glitter paper added to the op and bottom.

The art piece is added to the card front using dimensionals.

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Hey Love
Inks:  Black Memento, Stampin' Blends
Papers:  Lovely Lipstick, Whisper White, All My Love DSP, Red Glitter 
Accessories:  Stamparatus, Circle framelits, Scallop Circle Framelits, Dimensionals, Red Glitter, 1/8" Real Red satin ribbon.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

This is just too cute!