Wednesday, December 19, 2018

A Valentine Lighted Shadow Box- another sneak peakmall

Those who know me know that I love to make shadow boxes, especially ones that light up, so guess what I made yesterday?




It's a 6 by 6" shadow box that has been sitting in my storage room for a year waiting for just this opportunity.

The DSP on the back is from the "Love you More" DSP, with a heart embellishment in the center. More about the embellishment at the end of the post.

You are probably wondering where I was able to find the rose petals that lie loose in the shadow box when everything in the stores is Christmas related. I went Thrift store hunting and there found a bouquet of pink and white roses, and later I found a small bouquet of red glitter roses in Dollarama hidden among the Poinsettias. I pulled some petals off the pink and white roses and peeled off some red petals.  There are a few small flowers that I threw into the mix.

The first thing I did was drill a small hole in the back of the frame covering - the hole going through the DSP as well  Through this hole I fed the string of lights which I glued to the inside edges of the frame.  I tried glue dots as I had success with them in the past, then  hot glue , but they did not stick, so I ended up using E600 glue and close pins to hold the lights in place until the glue set.  Success!

For the embellishment I die cut a heart from a thick card board that came with DSP.  This I covered with Love You More DSP, built a flower using the Flower building punch, added a butterfly fussy cut from the SAB Botanical Bliss DSP and final a sentiment from Animal Outing.  There is also a smaller Real Red flower I made using the Flower punch. I applied gold shimmer paint to the petals of the larger flower as well as the notched banner and around the outside edges of the heart.



The loose petals and flowers were added just before I closed the back of the frame.  The battery for the lights is taped to the back of the frame

Three roses made using the spiral flower die (retired) were added to the outside of the frame, as well as punched Garden Green stems.



Supplies Used:
Stamps Animal Outing
Inks:  Black Memento
Papers:  Real Red, Calypso Coral, Garden Green, Botanical Bliss DSP (SAB), Love you More DSP, Whisper White, card board.
Accessories:  6 by 6" shadow box frame, Heart framelit, Blower builder punch, Flower punch, Spiral flower die (retired), stem punch, string of battery operated clear lights. rose petals.


No comments: