Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Santa Pop & Twist card

It's been a while since I made a Pop & Twist card.  Tonight I thought I'd make up for lost time.
Actually I didn't think I would have the energy to make anything tonight as I was absolutely exhausted from my trip to Toronto.
The traffic was heavy in both direction, compounded by heavy rain and fog.  The way home was absolutely horrendous because not only was it raining and foggy, I hit rush hour traffic.

But I surprised myself with a burst of creativity.

Here's what I came up with:

The card front features Santa making a list and he has placed his official seal on the transactions.  I rounded the art piece's corners and matted it with Cherry Cobbler card stock also with its corners rounded. It was adhered to the card front matted with Santa's Workshop DSP.  At the bottom is a 1" belly band which holds the card closed.


The card opens in a pop, twist manner ( thus the name for the technique) to reveal 4 panels in the middle, and an image at the top and a place to write a sentiment in the bottom.

This is a close up of the two panels on the left. All images were stamped using the stamparatus and coloured with Stampin' Up's new blends. The snowflakes were die cut using the Blizzard Thinlets.


This is a close up of the two right panels and below is a close  up of the top of the inside of the card.


Both the top and bottom of the card have the Santa's workshop DSP adhered to them.  On the top I used the stitched oval framelet to die cut the Santa in the chair image directly from the DSP, and then matted it with a slightly large Cherry Cobbler oval.

On the bottom I placed a blank oval for a sentiment.

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Signs of Santa
Inks:  Black Memento, Blends 
Papers:  Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Santa's Workshop DSP, Glimmer paper, 
Accessories:  Blizzard Thinlets, Corner Rounded punch, Dazzling diamonds, Stitched Oval Framelits, Layering Oval Framelits, Stamparatus.


1 comment: