Saturday, September 29, 2018

A Colorful Fall Tree SUO Challenges #208

Fall arrived (officially) on Sept. 22, and everywhere there is evidence of this.  Not only are the days getting shorter, they are also cooler (especially at night) and  the leaves on the trees are changing color. What gorgeous shades of reds, oranges, yellows, burgundies intermixed with green!!

This is one of my favourite times of year.

I was out and about doing errands this afternoon when I noticed a tree that looked just like the large tree stamp in "Rooted in Nature" - in full fall colors.  This inspired me to make this card and to submit it to the SUO challenge "Nature/Fall"

Using the Stamparatus, I used the color layering technique to give this tree it's autumn colors.  I learned this technique from Patty Bennett.

In this technique, markers of various colors are randomly applied to the stamp with the imaged stamped after each application.  The stamp is not cleaned between colors of markers. Colors are layered to the tree until you are happy with the way it looks. 



 Colors I used:  Old Olive, Mossy Meadow, Real Red, Cajun Craze, Daffodil Delight and Early Espresso.  The sky was washed with Balmy Blue and an aqua painter.

To finish the card front I used the Eclipse technique to add the word "FALL" over the image using the retired Large Letters Framelit dies.  On the right side of the word I added a "Leave Trinket" which I had painted with the new Copper Shimmer paint.



The Whisper White  art piece was layered onto a Cajun Craze layer and then a Balmy Blue card base.

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Rooted in Nature
Inks:  SU Markers:  Old Olive, Mossy Meadow, Real Red, Cajun Craze, Daffodil Delight and Early Espresso, Balmy Blue
Papers:  Whisper White, Cajun Craze, Balmy Blue
Accessories:  Large letter Franelits, Foam tape, Leave Trinklets, Copper Shimmer Paint, Stamparatus


1 comment:

Jane said...

Love the Eclipse technique.