Friday, December 1, 2017

Wrapped in the Warmth of Christmas

I like sweaters, and in my high school year book I was once called the "sweater girl".

All of my sweaters, when I was growing up, were nice ones because there was no money to buy "ugly" ones.  For years there was no money for Christmas presents let alone sweaters that one couldn't wear on a day to day basis.

To this day I don't have an "ugly" Christmas sweater and I don't intend to get one. 

I don't find any of the sweaters in the stamp set "Christmas Sweaters" that ugly! My son said that I made these sweaters look too nice!!  I guess I don't do ugly very well.

For this card I stamped a selection of sweaters and added them to a panel on the card front.

After colouring each of the sweaters with the new Stampin' Blendabilities, they were cut out and added (some with dimensionals) to a 1 3/4 by 5" panel of Whisper White card stock. I added some Dazzling Diamonds to some aspect of each sweater.




Some Silver Glimmer card stock, die cut with the scallop die from the Seasonal Layer Thinlet die, was adhered  at both the top and bottom of this strip.

The card base is Old Olive card stock which I layered with Whisper White and then Merry Wishes DSP.

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Christmas Sweaters, Snowflake Sentiment
Inks:  Black Memento, Stampin' Blendabilities
Papers:  Old Olive, Whisper White, Be Merry DSP, Silver Glimmer, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories:  Seasonal Layers Thinlets, Dazzling Diamonds, Dimensionals

No comments: