Thursday, August 17, 2017

Carols of Christmas Twisted Easel Card

 This card was made for a challenge with another group I belong to.  The Twisted Easel card is quite easy to make and I did not need a tutorial to made one.  Because Christmas is fast approaching, as are my craft shows, I decided to make this a Christmas card.


I scored a 4 1/4 by 9 3/4" piece of Garden Green card stock at 5 1/2", and then scored the 4 1/4 piece at an angle towards the center of the card. Some Be Merry DSP was added to front half.

For the art piece, I first die cut silver foil paper using the largest of the Labels Framelits, and  then some Be Merry DSP using the next smallest of the Labels Framelits.  Before adhering it to the Silver Foil piece I die cut the moon and stars at the top. I also added two die cut trees (one in Cherry Cobbler and one in Dazzling Diamond Glimmer paper) and a little deer.


The bottom part of this art piece was adhered to this triangle.

For the base, I first stamped "Peace on Earth" in Garden Green on some Whisper White card stock.  This was adhered to the Christmas DSP and the  Silver Foil.  I stamped and die cut some Holly and Ivy and added it to the upper left corner of the sentiment piece. All Layers were added to the base.

At the bottom of the base, I trimmed a piece of Dazzling Details Glimmer paper to mimic a snow bank, and added another layer near the bottom.  A pair of Cherry Cobbler trees were added between the two layers, and a Garden Green tree added in front of them using dimensionals.  A little Cherry Cobbler deer was also added with dimensionals.

This layer provides the "door stop" for the Easel Card.


Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Carols of Christmas
Inks:  Garden Green, Markers (Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler)
Papers:  Garden Green, Silver Foil, Be Merry DSP, Cherry Cobbler, Dazzling Details Glimmer Paper
Accessories:  Card Front Builder Thinlets, Labels Framelits, Dimensionals




No comments: