Friday, August 18, 2017

Dragonfly Coaster - SUO Challenges #181

I too love this time of year when unexpected visitors come to my little garden oasis.  My son tells me that a large butterfly (the size of a bird - so he says) was fluttering above the summer phlox yesterday.  From his description I think it might have been a Monarch.

This week, the challenge at SUO is to create an art piece featuring Butterflies or Dragonflies or both. Since I am making projects for future craft shows, I chose this opportunity to make a coaster featuring a Dragonfly.

On this 4 by 4" plain coaster, I stamped and clear embossed the two images from the stamp set "Dragonfly Dreams".
The "dots" were stamped with Tranquil Tide ink; the dragonfly with Black Memento.  Both were then clear embossed.

I coloured the Dragonfly with an aqua painter filled with Alcohol rather than water and ink pads, using the following colors:  Bermuda Bay, Emerald Envy and Rich Razzelberry. 

After all the coloring was done, the entire surface of the coaster was clear embossed, then sealed, and then sprayed with a waterproofing spray.  Finally 4 felt feet were adhered to the bottom.

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Dragonfly Dreams
Inks:  Tranquil Tide, Bermuda Bay, Emerald Envy, Rich Razzelberry, Black Memento, Versa Mark
Accessories:  Clear Embossing powder, Aqua Painter (with alcohol)

No comments: