Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Balloon Birthday - Try Stampin' on Tuesday #315

The sketch challenge with Try Stampin' on Tuesday this week is just crying for balloons.  However, I did have to make some strategic changes to Vicki's sketch, which I hope she doesn't mind.



The optional theme for this sketch was to use 3 different patterns.
As you can see from my card, instead of circles I used balloons of different sizes and patterns, and I placed them on the upper left of the card.

To do this I used balloons from 2 different stamp sets:  Celebrate today (the larger balloon) and Balloon Adventure (2 other balloons).

After stamping the balloons on a piece of Whisper White cardstock, the larger one was die cut using the Balloon Framelit Dies: the smaller balloons with the Balloon Bouquet punch.
 
The sentiment was stamped on the larger balloon
with Black Memento ink before it was adhered to the upper left of a Very Vanilla Art piece. A curly balloon string was stamped from the larger balloon. The other two balloons were adhered using dimensionals. A fine tipped marker was used to hand draw balloon strings from these two balloons to merge with the curly one.

Two Bermuda Bay glimmer bows were added two places along the balloon strings.

After I finished this, I felt the card lacked something, so I die cut some clouds using the Up & Away Thinlets, sponged them with Basic Gray and adhered them to the card.

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Celebrate Today, Balloon Adventures
Inks: Calypso Coral, Black Memento, Crushed Currie, Bermuda Bay, Basic Gray
Papers:  Calypso Coral, Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Bermuda Bay glimmer paper
Accessories: Balloon Framelit dies, Balloon Bouquet Punch, Up & Away Thinlets, dimensionals.

Now its your turn.  Create a project using Vicki's sketch.  Then download it to the Try Stampin' on Tuesday blog or their Facebook Page.  Remember that you have 2 weeks to complete your project. I look forward to seeing your projects.


No comments: