Tuesday, March 28, 2017

I'm Thinking of You

There are a number of people in my life now who I am "thinking about".  I put together two of my favourite stamp sets, Beautiful You and Lovely as a Tree, using the masking technique, to make this "thinking of you" card. I also used a couple of other stamps to create the scene below.

The first think I did was make a mask for the image of the umbrella covered woman.  Once she was protected I stamped the trees and grass, and the sky- the trees are from "Lovely as a Tree", the grass from "Sheltering Tree", the sky from "Celebration" and the birds in the sky from "Wherever You Go"

The basic card is Rich Razzelberry, layered with Crushed Curry, so I selected these colours for the clothes.  The blue in the outfit is from the sky. Because the sentiment (Sheltering Tree) was too long for the Art Piece, I cut it into 3 parts, each part matted with the same colours are the card.

Three Itty Bitty flowers were punched with Crushed Curry card stock, colored in the center with a Rich Razzelberry marker and then added to each of the sentiment words.  A silver metallic circle was placed in each flower.

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Beautiful You, Sheltering Tree, Wherever You Go, Happy Celebration
Inks: Black Memento, Watercolor Pencils, Rich Razzelberry marker, Basic Gray, Marina Mist, Old Olive
Papers:
  • Rich Razzelberry 5 1/2 by 4 1/4" (card base)
  • Crushed Curry 4 by 5 1/4" (mat for card base)
  • Whisper White 3 3/4 by 5" (Art Piece
  • Whisper White scraps (for sentiment)
  • Rich Razzelberry scraps (mat for sentiment)
  • Crushed Curry scraps (mat for sentiment and 3 flowers)
Accessories:
  • Silver metallic circles (flower centers)
  • Itty Bitty punch (for flowers)
  • Post-it Note (to make mask)
  • Glue dots

No comments: