I'm glad I don't have a craft show tomorrow.
So, instead, I tried doing some playing in the craft room today, and managed one card, the one I am about to post.
I was so happy to get the "Hearth & Home" framelit and the stamp set "Happy Scenes" that coordinates with it.
- I started with the scene out of the window, selecting the Halloween/Thanksgiving image.
- The sky was coloured with s Marina Mist sponge and a cluster of scallop circles adhered together. The rest of the image was coloured with markers from the Brights family - Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight. The tree was touched up with a Chocolate chip marker
- The image was trimmed to fit behind a Very Vanilla window, die cut using the Hearth and Home framelit. I later sponged the edges of the window with Crumb Cake ink so the window would blend in with the rest of the card.
- On the left side of the window I attached a small piece of Happy Haunting DSP.
- Then I built the rest of the card - an Old Olive base, layered with Very Vanilla, and then Crumb Cake cardstock embossed with the new Softly Falling Embossing Folder. All of these edges were sponged with Crumb Cake ink.
- Horizontally, in the middle, was attached a piece of Old Olive cardstock upon with was attached 1/2 of a frayed burlap ribbon. I tied the frayed pieces in a knot in the middle and put it aside.
- The window & DSP was attached to the rest of the card using dimensionals.
- The knotted piece of frayed burlap was added to the lower window sill.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog