Friday, August 21, 2015

Thinking of You with a Grateful Heart

Today was an "off" day for me.  I have heard that the third day after surgery is the worst - and certainly that was the case for me.
I'm glad I don't have a craft show tomorrow.
So, instead, I tried doing some playing in the craft room today, and managed one card, the one I am about to post.
I was so happy to get the "Hearth & Home" framelit and the stamp set   "Happy Scenes" that coordinates with it.

  • I started with the scene out of the window, selecting the Halloween/Thanksgiving image.
  • The sky was coloured with s Marina Mist sponge and a cluster of scallop circles adhered together.  The rest of the image was coloured with markers from the Brights family - Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight.  The tree was touched up with a Chocolate chip marker
  • The image was trimmed to fit behind a Very Vanilla window, die cut using the Hearth and Home framelit.  I later sponged the edges of the window with Crumb Cake ink so the window would blend in with the rest of the card.
  •  On the left side of the window I attached a small piece of Happy Haunting DSP.
  • Then I built the rest of the card - an Old Olive base, layered with Very Vanilla, and then Crumb Cake cardstock embossed with the new Softly Falling Embossing Folder.  All of these edges were sponged with Crumb Cake ink.
  • Horizontally, in the middle, was attached a piece of Old Olive cardstock upon with was attached 1/2 of a frayed burlap ribbon.  I tied the frayed pieces in a knot in the middle and put it aside.
  • The window & DSP was attached to the rest of the card using dimensionals.
  • The knotted piece of frayed burlap was added to the lower window sill.
The sentiment was stamped with Chocolate Chip ink, the strip notched at both ends and attached below the window with dimensionals.

Supplies Used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: