Saturday, August 22, 2015

Tote Bag with Poinsettia Flower

<
.The tote was made with Merry Moments DSP and Real Red Cardstock.  I punched Real Red Petite flowers before adding the silver mini brads to the handles.

.To made the flower, I punched all the elements 4 times using Real Red cardstock.  The center was punched separately using Hello Honey cardstock.  The leaves were punched with Old Olive cardstock and then stamped to get the leaf markings, using Always Artichoke ink and the  "Reason for the Season" stamp.  The stampens were sponged lightly with Real Red.

.All petals were sponged with Cherry Cobbler ink; the leaves with Always Artichoke.

.I also curled and shaped the petals prior to putting the flower together.

.I punched a 1" circle punch upon which the flower petals would be built.

.Using a hot glue gun, I attached each petal to the circle, starting with the larger ones, and then adding the smaller ones on top.  The stamens were added last.


.Then I added the leaves, and attached the now finished flower to the side of the tote bag.

Supplies Used:
 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: