Aura Borealis aka Northern Lights light up the night sky as a Polar Bear meanders across the landscape. On the usually barren tundra two Christmas Trees require assessment.
Monday, October 2, 2023
Saturday, September 30, 2023
The challenge at Hand Stamped sentiments #423 is a theme challenge. I decided to make a slimline card featuring pumpkins.
Friday, September 29, 2023
It's been a while since I've done a challenge. The summer has been very busy with gardening and house renovations- the latter in my craft area. My whole room was in total disarray. Now that I have my craft area partially put together I have managed to participate in some challenges.
For the challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday #525, I decided to use one of my new stamp sets, not an old one, using the sketch to create a Christmas card.
Thursday, September 28, 2023
I love colouring, so the floral image associated with the Fruitful Blessings bundle set spoke to me. So, I stamped and coloured the image and made a Thanksgiving card.
Monday, September 25, 2023
This technique is a simple and fun technique that I used to show case one of the patterns of the All About Autumn DSP.
- Thick Very Vanilla 5 1/2 by 8 1/2" Scored at 4 14 to form an A2 card base
- 1 piece of All About Autumn DSP 4 by 5 1/4"
- 4 strips of Pebbled Path Cardstock 1/4 by 6"
- Very Vanilla square 2 by 2"
- Scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock for sentiment
- Scrap of Copper Clay cardstock for mat for sentiment
- 1 die cut leaf, and 1 paired leaf die. Die cut veins using Oxidized Copper DSP. Sponge edges with Pebbled Path ink
- Autumn Leaf dies
- Copper embossing powder
- Copper & Natural Ribbon Combo pack
- Adhesive backed speckled dots
- Adhesive sheets
- Adhere 4 by 5 1/4" DSP to card front
- Adhere 2 by 2" piece of Very Vanilla to the left side with the point up (see picture)
- Starting at the top right of the square line up the Pebbled Path strip to the top edge of the square. Go clockwise lining up the strips until you are done. Turn card over and cut off exce.ss.
- Cut 3 1/4" piece of Natural ribbon in half and fray the end
- Tie a copper ribbon around the bottom and form into a bow.
- Adhere this to the 2 by 2" piece at an angle.
- Add a veined leaf and a paired leaf using dimensionals.
- Emboss the sentiment using copper embossing powder.
- Die cut with one of the Nested Essential Dies. Cut an extra die, trim off ends and place under Very Vanilla sentiment to mat it. Add sentiment to bottom of card using dimensionals.
This card was cased and adapted from a card demonstrated on Maker Mania 8 (Sept . 15-17. 2023). This card is made using scraps of DSP left over from earlier projects.
- Score 4 1/4 by 11 Very Vanilla card stock at 5 1/2". Burnish fold
- Adhere 4 by 5 1/4" piece of Copper Foil to card front. This is 1st mat.:
- Adhere 4 1/2 by 3 piece of blue patterned DSP to a 4 3/4 by 3 1/4" piece of Very Vanilla card stock. Adhere pieces of DSP to patterned DSP. Sizes of scraps are as follows: you will need 5 scraps: 1 3/8 x 1 1/4 (2 pieces) 1 1/4 x 1 (2 pieces) 1 1/8 x 2 1/2 (1 piece). Emboss all pieces with the 3D Distressed Tile Embossing Folder.
- Sponge edges of all scraps and Very Vanilla pieces with Copper Clay ink
- Die cut a Very Vanilla piece using the Nested Essentials Die. Sponge edges
- Adhere to Blue DSP. See photo above for placement.
- Cut a 4" piece of Natural ribbon in half and fray edges. Fold in half and adhere to left side of card.
- Arrange 3 die cut leaves and adhere to this die cut piece,
- Adhere over folded ribbon using dimensionals
- Emboss sentiment with Copper embossing powder and fussy cut around it.
- Adhere below leaves using dimensionals.
- Add 3 speckled dots.
- Add a 4 by 5 1/4" piece of Very Vanilla to the inside. Add a 1" strip of left over DSP to the left side and a left over maple leaf.
Sunday, September 24, 2023
Today is the last day of summer. Tomorrow is the start of fall, a time when trees change color and everyone frantically put their gardens to bed.
That’s what I was doing but my back got sore so I went. Inside to make a fall card, using the autumn Leaf bundle. Below is the card I made:
Monday, August 7, 2023
Not all students studying have graduated yet as summer school is still in progress. Thus I made a sort of graduation card featuring one of the birds from "Bird's Eye View". Put glasses on the bird and he looks like a wise old owl.
I made this card for the challenge at Try Stampin on Tuesday #618
Not only did I do the sketch challenge, but I used the following techniques: die cutting, embossing using an embossing folder, colouring with Stampin' Blends.
Stamps: Bird's Eye View
Inks: Black Memento, Stampin' Blends (Smoky Slate, Berry Burst, Daffodil Delight, Azure Afternoon, Pretty Peacock, Fresh Freesia)
Papers: Berry Burst, Basic White, Fresh Freesia, Masterfully Made DSP
Accessories: Stylish Dies, Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder, Dimensionals, Tinsel Gems
Saturday, August 5, 2023
This card was made for the sketch challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiment. I used one of the new On Line Exclusives "So Very Merry" for this challenge.
Wednesday, August 2, 2023
There is nothing like having coffee wih friends, a time to share bad times, good times , to share accomplishments etc. This stamp set struck a chord with me and the card I made today will be mailed to a friend I used to have coffee with before she moved away.
For the background I used the scraps from Regency Park DSP.
To do this I added an adhesive sheet over a 4 by 3" piece of Basic White card stock. I had already cut left over pieces of the Regency Park DSP into various sizes of strips. I laid these strips at an angle side by side until the entire cardstock piece was covered. Because the strips had spaces between them I applied Gilded Flakes over these spaces, creating a lovely guilded effect. After the excess pieces were cut off, I matted it with a slightly larger piece of Crushed Curry card stock, followed by Balmy Blue card stock, which was then mounted onto an A2 Night of Navy card base. Some 1/8" gold trim was added to the Background piece before it was added to the card base.
The image was stamped onto Basic White cardstock, coloured with Stampin' Blends and then die cut with a Deckled Die. This piece was matted with gold glitter cardstock and then Night of Navy. Dimensionals were used between the two layers. A bow of gold trim was added to the bottom of the image piece.
The sentiment, from the stamp set, was die cut using the Stylish die (circle)
Stamp: Coffee with Friends
Inks: Black Memento, Stampin Blends, Balmy Blue (see below for colours of blends used)
Papers: Night of Navy, Balmy Blue, Gold Glimmer, Basic White, Regency Park DSP (strips)
Accessories: Deckled Die, 1/8" Gold Trim, Brushed Gold Butterfly Embellishments, Stylish Shape die (circle), Dimensionals, Clear Wink of Stella, Adhesive sheet, Gilded Leafing.
Friend 1: Lucky Limeade, Bermuda Bay, Smokey Slate
Friend 2: Poppy Parade, Bubble Bath, Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake
Skin Colours: Light and Medium
Coffee Cup: Crumb Cake, Poppy Parade, Poppy Parade
Bench: Pebbled Path
Grass: Old Olive
Sky: Balmy Blue
Saturday, July 1, 2023
Challenge #612 at Try Stampin on Tuesday is both a theme and a sketch challenge.
My goal was to incorporate both. The focal images became planets , the colours of which were incorporated from the challenge images of the Inspiration piece.
And then something happened when I took a picture of my card.........
Because I used Halographic specialty paper on the card front I had a hard time taking a picture of the card. The light reflecting on the paper brought out all these wonderful psychodelic colours of the background.
On a Blackberry Bliss cardstock base, I added a 4 by 5 1/4" piece of Halographic Specialty paper. From the Stargazing DSP, I used the Reach for the Stars dies to die cut 2 different planets - I fussy cut the planet with the rings around it.
The planets were arranged as in the picture. The die cut planets were adhered directly to the Halographic paper; the ringed planet with dimensionals.
The sentiment was stamped with Blackberry Bliss ink on Basic white. It was fussy cut and added to an oval piece of Blackberry Bliss Halographic paper left over from another project. This was added using dimensionals above the planets.
6 stars were die cut from a scrap of Blackberry Bliss Halographic paper . They were added randomly on the card front.
Stamp: Reach for the Stars
Inks: Blackberry Bliss
Papers: Blackberry Bliss, Basic white, Halographic Specialty Paper, Stargazing DSP
Accessories: Reach for the Stars dies, Dimensionals.
Monday, June 19, 2023
I loved going camping when I was a few years younger. I have fond memories of sleeping in tents (although the mattresses weren't too soft) and making meals over the camp fire - something that might be too dangerous to do today.
So for the themed sketch challenge with Try Stampin on Tuesday #611 I chose to go with a camping theme to reflect "Summer time". I used the Campology stamp set,
For the focal image, I stamped the larger forest image from the Campology stamp set, on a piece of Basic White card stock and die cut a select square part using the Stylish square die. Using a blending brush, I added some blue sky and filled in some Old Olive for grass below the trees. The bird stamp from "On the Horizon" was used to stamp the birds over the tent.
The tent was stamped separately, coloured, fussy cut and added to the scene using dimensionals. Using a fine black pen I sketched back in the ropes holding the tent secure.
This was added to a Mossy Meadow rectangle embossed with the Rope 3D embossing folder. Both were added to a piece of Basic White embossed with the Woodlands embossing folder. which in turn was added to a Mossy Meadow card base.
The sentiment was die cut with a small circle Stylish die and added below the image using dimensionals.
The three embellishments beside the image are from the In Color Opal Rounds.
All edges were sponged with Mossy Meadow ink before being added to the card.
Stamps: Campology, On the Horizon
Inks: Black Memento, Mossy Meadow, Old Olive, Basic Gray, Stampin blends (Daffodil Delight, Wild Wheat, Balmy Blue)
Papers: Mossy Meadow, Basic White, Pear Pizzazz
Accessories: Stylish Dies, Rope 3D Embossing folder, Woodlands Embossing folder, Corner Rounder punch, In Color Opal Rounds, Dimensionals
Tuesday, June 13, 2023
This is my card for the challenge with TGIF Challenges #424
Stamp: Eclectic Garden
Inks: Black Memento, Stampin Blends various colours, Pool Party, Sweet Sorbet
Papers: Basic White, Sweet Sorbet, Petal Park DSP
Accessories: Fern 3D embossing folder, Stylish Shapes die, Triple punch, Dimensionals, Embellishments.