Sunday, October 26, 2014

Wine Glass Tags

This is another item for my craft table. 
I saw these on Stampin' Connect made by Tiffany Lynn Cookus, and I thought they were a great idea - and easy to make as well.

I randomly stamped a piece of 8 1/2 by 11 piece of Whisper White cardstock with stamps from a retired stamp set "Creative Elements". 
Rich Razzelberry was used for the flower, and Pear Pizzazz (stamped off) was used for the swirling stamp, but full strength for "No. 3".
Then I punched as many as I could using the 2 1/2" circle punch, and a 1" circle punch for the middle.  Cut a slit to the middle so it can be inserted onto the glass stem, and you're done.  I managed to get 12 out of that one piece of cardstock.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

More Decorated Note Pads

Today I decorated 2 notepads, both very different from each other.
The first I used card stock and used Apothecary accents and ribbons to keep the note pad closed.  The second I decorated a DVD case (SU stamp case) and then decorated the note pad.  Enclosed in that is a bead covered pen.

Here is the first:

The cardstock is Rich Razelberry with Sweet Taffy DSP.  I used the same measurements I used in yesterday's blog here  But instead of using tags to keep the note pad cover closed, I die cut 2 Apothecary accents in Rich Razellberry, and cut off the tips.  They were both embossed with the Polka dot embossing folder.  For each die cut I punched a 1" white circle and a 3/4" Rich Razzelberry circle, adhered then together and attached them to the die cut.  Then I punched a hole in the middle of this.  White taffeta ribbon was thread through these holes and tied in a bow to keep the note pad closed.

Stamp: Kinda Eclectic
Inks: Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Rich Razzelberry
Papers: Rich Razzelberry, Sweet Taffy DSP, Whisper White
Accessories: Apothecary Accents framelit, 1" circle punch, 3/4" circle punch, hand held punch, white taffeta ribbon, Polka dot embossing folder, rhinestones

The second one is in a DVD case?

This is the outside with the case closed.  I inserted a piece of  Sweet Taffy DSP between the sleeve and the case.  On one side I stamped and coloured the image from "A Sweet Smile", and attached it to a Tempting Turquoise Labels framelit die cut.  Behind that I placed a strip of Daffodil Delight cardstock and adhered a piece of Rich Razzelberry chevron ribbon to it.

I coloured the image using a combination of blendabilities and watercolour pencils.

Opened up you see the decorated note pad on the left side (I cut it down to the 3rd line from the bottom), and on the right cover I made 2 envelopes using the Envelope die decorating them with the Sweet Taffy DSP.

I then decorated an RSVP pen by wrapping sticky tape around the pen in a spiral pattern and rolled it in red microbeads.  The beads stay on really well.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Origami Tag Ornaments

I've been making these tag ornaments for years, and they were a very popular item at both my craft shows.  So, I thought I would repost this DYI item again. I made 7 of them today, but I'll probably have to make more.  Unfortunately a retired stamp set, "Serene Snowflakes" is used to do the stamping, and I'm holding on to this one as it's perfect for this item.

I used a video tutorial made by Tami White here

These are the tag ornaments I made today.  Some have 1/8" Very Vanilla ribbon, and the rest Early Espresso.  SU does not make the Very Vanilla any more. The tag is held closed by this ribbon and a wooden bead.

Pull the bead along the ribbon, and the tag pops open into an ornament.  This is the front view.

The side view shows stamping on the inside.
It looks quite complicated to make, but it really isn't.  The video tutorial, although fast, explains very well how to make this "wow" item.

For each tag ornament, I cut 5 pieces of 3 by 3" pieces of Very Vanilla cardstock, and 2 pieces of 1 1/2 by 1 1/2" cardstock.  I also cut 2 seven inch pieces of 1/8" ribbon, and gathered a wooden bead which has an opening of at least 1/8" wide for each ornament.

Each 3 by 3 inch piece was scored at 1 1/2" along both sides, and from one corner to corner.  These score marks are not emphasized until after the stamping.

A stamp-a-ma-jig is a must for this item.

Using a stamp-a-ma-jig, stamp the large snowflake in the middle of each 3 by 3 piece.  Turn each piece over and stamp a trio of snowflakes on the back at least 4 times.
On one of the 1 1/2 piece stamp the smaller snowflake; on the second stamp "Seasons Greetings" from "Snow Swirled" another retired stamp set

Now fold each of the score lines.  Fold the side score lines to the inside (where the trio of snowflakes are stamped) and fold the item closed.  Do this for all 5.

Using adhesive, attach each piece together with the open sides to the outside.  When the 5 are together, just give it a test "pop", and if okay, apply adhesive to the top, attach one of the ribbons, and then apply one of the 1 1/2 pieces.  Do the same on the other side.  Be sure the ribbons run in the same direction.

Now comes the fun part!  Attaching the ribbons through the hole in the bead.  My beads' opening was a bit smaller, so I had quite a time getting the 2 pieces of ribbon through, but I did.  Know the distal end, and have a bit of fun opening and closing the ornament.

Stamps: Serene Snowflake, Snow Swirled (both retired)
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Paper: Very Vanilla
Accessories:  1/8" Very Vanilla or Early Espresso ribbon, bead with 1/8" opening (non SU)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...