Thursday, August 20, 2015

Vintage Leaves

It's amazing how the time is just flying by.  Pretty soon the kids are back at school, and Thanksgiving will be on our doorstep.
I have to prepare Thanksgiving cards on 2 fronts - for craft shows and for classes.
Here is one of the ones I created so far, using "Vintage Leaves" and the coordinating framelits.

  • I prepared the leaves first because they needed time to dry.
  • Three different leaves were stamped with Chocolate Chip ink, then die cut using the coordinating framelits.  I also die cut a fourth leaf using Gold glimmer paper.
  • Each leaf was then sponged first on the outer edges with Soft Suede ink, and then on the inside with several different Autumn colours:  Real Red, Hello Honey, Old Olive, Cajun Craze, and Chocolate Chip.
  • They were then placed on a waterproof surface,spritzed with a fine mist of water, and crumpled into a ball.  They were left that way for a few minutes, then they were unfurled leaving a lot of creases in them.
  • Because I was impatient, I used the embossing tool on low setting to dry the leaves.  Then some Chocolate chip ink was applied to the tips of the leaves.
  • The base card is Always Artichoke, layered with Whisper White and a piece of In the Woods DSP.  Both pieces had their edges sponged with Always Artichoke ink.
  • Using the smallest leaf and Old Olive ink, a background was created.  Each leaf was stamped off before stamping randomly onto the background.  This was done before the DSP was attached.
  • I cut a piece of Burlap ribbon in half, pulling strands of the ribbon off to fray the edges.  This frayed ribbon was adhered to the card over the seam of the DSP.
  • The leaves were now ready to be attached to the card.  To do this I used a hot glue gun. After they were all on, I used the pulled off strands from the burlap ribbon, tied them in a knot and adhered them to the stems of the leaves at the top.  I wanted to make a bow, but my recent surgery wouldn't let my hand do this.
  • My Crystal Effects was all plugged up and no amount of poking and prodding was going to get some out.  I wanted to make some water drops on the leaves.  Instead I put drops of gold dazzling details.
  •  The sentiment "Thanks" was one of the Expressions Natural Elements.
Supplies Used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...