Friday, November 17, 2023

A Translucent Floral Thank You

 Not long ago, I received a phone call requesting assistance in pricing and then selling art supplies belonging to a family member who recently died. To compensate for my time I was informed that I could purchase anything I wanted at a substantially reduced price.  Later that was changed to "take what you want"

When I saw the craft room and the contents I gasped! So many supplies!  Stamps, inks, papers, embellishments, die cutters, dies, scan n cuts, paints, markers, embossing powders, embossing folders etc - many were still in the store packaging and had never been used. 

I did manage to take a fair bit home.

As a thank you, myself and another person are taking this generous person to lunch..  In addition I made a thank you card, using the Translucent Floral bundle.


To make the flowers I first coloured some Vellum card stock, on the wrong side and on different  sections. , using Claypso Coral, Bubble Bath and Flirty Flamingo stamp n blends. I then die cut three floral petals in each colour.  The centers were die cut in Basic Black card stock, and the leaves from the Delightful Floral DSP.

I shaped each of the floral petals before adhering them to form the flower.  I used glue dots to do so.  The centers were added using liquid glue. Each leaf was folded in half and sponged with Mossy Meadow ink before adhering them to the flowers.

On the card base of Calypso Coral was added a Basic Black layer, followed by Basic White embossed with the Quatrefoil Tile Embossing Folder.  The 3 flowers were added to the left front.

The sentiment was from "All Things Thanks", was stamped in Basic Black on Basic White and matted with Calypso Coral.  It was added to the lower right.

Several Iridescent Shaker circles were added randomly on the card front. An Opal Round was added to the center of each flower.

Supplies Used:

Stamps:  Translucent Floral, All Things Thanks

Inks:  Basic Black, Stampin' Markers (Calypso Coral, Flirty Flamingo, Bubble Bath), Mossy Meadow

Papers:  Calypso Coral, Basic White, Vellum cardstock, Basic Black, Delightful Floral DSP

Accessories:  Translucent Floral dies, Quantrefoil embossing folder, Iridescent Shaker Circles, Opal rounds.

No comments: