Monday, November 6, 2023

Sunflowers for your birthday

 I’m not much of a stencil person, mainly because I haven’t used this technique very much.

However, I thought I would give it a try using the layering Sunflower stencils from Stampin Up.

Although I made a lot of mistakes using the stencil, overall I am pleased


For the flowers I used the following ink colours: Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake , Early Espresso. For the leaves I used Old Olive and Mossy Meadow. All colours were applied using blending brushes.

Prills were added to the centres of each sunflower.

After the flowers were finished, Balmy Blue was added to the sky using what was left on the blending brush. Finally I added some background interest by stamping dots randomly using a dot stamp from “Perched in a Tree”.

This art piece was added behind a frame die cut using the dainty Darling Details Die

This was matted with Balmy Blue cardstock and then added to an A2 card base. A strip of Balmy Blue DSP with a piece of Balmy ribbon

Supplies Used:

Stamps: Perched in a Tree, Delicate Details0

Inks: Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry , Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake. Early Espresso, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow, Balmy Blue

Papers: Thick White card stock, Balmy Blue , Basic White, Balmy Blue DSP

Accessories:  Abundant Beauty Decorative masks, Prills, Darling Details dies, Dimensionals, Blender brushes, 3/8" Balmy Blue sparkle ribbon


 


No comments: