Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Peaceful Deer in Welcoming Woods

 It's been a while since I posted in my blog.  I had neck surgery 2 weeks ago and have been unable to sit up for any length of time.  I am still in quite a bit of pain, but feel well enough to sit in my comfy chair and type this post. My stitches have yet to be removed but I am getting more mobile every day.

Today was the first day in a long time that I was able to sit at my craft table and create something. So I pulled out a card I had started before my surgery.  The silhouette of the birch trees in the Welcoming Woods stamp set really intrigued me  bringing back memories of strolling in the woods near my home.

Before I had surgery I had made several cards featuring the Welcoming Woods stamp set, placing the trees against a brilliant sunset.  But today I want to do something different...

I've also been playing with the Peaceful Deer stamp set, and my something different was to use the two stamp sets together in a card for the holiday season.


Here's what I did:
Using the stamparatus, the silhouette of the trees was stamped using Whisper White ink onto a 3 1/2 by 4 3/4" piece of Misty Moonlight card stock.   I did this several times to get good Whisper White ink coverage.  Then I did the same with the horizon stamp moving it up and down to get a well defined horizon.
Once the ink was dry, I stamped the leaves with Whisper White ink and again with Misty Moonlight ink.
Then using a fine tipped black marker, I drew bark lines on all the birch trees and some of the branches, and with a blender brush applied some Whisper White ink below the trees.  Tiny stars between the branches were made using a fine tipped white paint pen.


At this point I decided to bring in the deer and the bunny.
On a separate piece of Basic White cardstock, the image of the deer and bunny were stamped using Black Memento ink and coloured them with Stampin' Blends. I also stamped 2 clusters of trees from the Peaceful Deer stamp set using Misty Moonlight ink. And because there are no dies for these images, I fussy cut them.  


The deer was added using liquid glue; the trees and bunny with dimensionals.
Then using a Smokey Slate marker, I drew footprints and shadows under the trees.


A sentiment was stamped with Misty Moonllght ink on Basic White, and punched with the Everyday Label punch.  It was added to the top of the image piece, and die cut snowflakes were added on either side.  On top of the larger one I added a bow made with some 3/8" white organza ribbon coloured with a Misty Moonlight Blend,

The completed art piece was adhered to a 4 by 5 1/4" piece of Dazzling diamond glimmer paper and then added to a Misty Moonlight card base.
                                                                                                         
Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Peaceful Deer, Welcoming Woods
Inks:  Whisper white, Misty Moonlight, Stampin' Blends (Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Basic Black for the deer; Smoky Slate for the shadows and the rabbit; Misty Moonlight and Whisper White for the trees)
Papers:  Misty Moonlight, Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper, Basic White
Accessories:  Everyday Label Punch, Fine tip black marker, 3/8" glitter organza ribbon, dimensionals, glue dots, So Many Snowflake dies                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                


2 comments:

Chriserendipity said...

Maria, this card scene really blew me away. I love your colouring of the deer, and all the little extras you incorporated into the card to make it stand out so well.

All the best on the recovery from your neck surgery!

craftystamper said...

Beautiful card Maria, thank you for sharing your detailed instructions/process!