Tuesday, August 4, 2020

In the Pines - a case with an older stamp

While organizing my stamps I came across a wood mount Christmas stamp that I used frequently before I became a demonstrator.  The stamp was from a local stamp store "Frog's Whisker's Ink".

The stamp reminded me of the new stamp set "In the Pines", so I challenged myself to case this stamp

Below is the 4 1/2" square card I created.  Below that the original wood mount stamp.




After masking the moon, the night sky was brayered using first Night of Navy followed by Proud Peacock.  The stars were embossed with white embossing powder.

Two pieces of thick whisper white cardstock adhered together and then covered with Dazzling Diamonds were used to create the snowy fore ground.  The outline of the stream was hand cut  withe the stream edges lightly sponged with Basic Gray ink.  A basic gray marker was also used to outline the snow banks. To create the movement of water, some glitter texture paste was applied with a toothpick.

The die cut trees were added as shown above.

The art piece is matted with Basic Black card stock, followed by glitter card stock which was then mounted onto a Basic Black card base.

The sentiment, from Itty Bitty Christmas white embossed on Basic Black, is added at the bottom of the card.

No comments: