Monday, May 4, 2020

A Wobbly Frog - The Paper Players #489

It's been difficult being in self isolation, especially since this has gone on since March 17.  So, to see a challenge at the Paper Players where the theme is to create something that would "Make you Smile" - makes me smile.  So many possibilities went through my mind, but I finally settled on a frog. 

To make this card I used numerous stamp sets (So Hoppy Together, Party Panda, The Gangs All Meer" and My Meadow)  many of which are retired, only because I had them.  If you don't have these stamps just the frog trying to balance on a unicycle would be enough to bring a smile to anyone's face.




The little frog with woggly eyes trying to balance on a unicycle while juggling objects in the air certainly makes me smile.  He is obviously trying to liven up a birthday for a shy little marmot hovering in the back"ground.



On a scrap piece of Whisper White I stamped two images of the frog on a unicycle and after colouring them with Stampin' Blends, they were die cut with the Hop Around Dies.  For the second image I snipped the frog from the unicycle, and added him to the first frog using a woggle.  


Then I added a birthday hat from "Party Panda" and some larger than life googly eyes.  Using dimensionals he was added to a die cut background lightly washed using an alcohol filled aqua painter and ink pads.  Balmy Blue was used for the sky; Pear Pizzazz for the grass.  The actual tufts of grass were stamped using the "My Meadow" stamp set.

The Marmot having a birthday is from "The Gang's All Meer".  He's holding 3 tiny balloons punched with a retired tiny balloon punch.



The frog seems to be having balance problems but he believed he could, thus the sentiment from "Believe You Can"


Will he make it, will he not.!!!

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  So Hoppy Together, The Gang's All Meer, Party Panda, Believe You Can, My Meadow
Inks:  Black Memento, Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz, Balmy Blue, Stampin' Blends (Granny Apple Green, So Saffron, Smoky Slate, Poppy Parade, Mango Melody, Crumb Cake)
Papers:  Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White, Scraps of Poppy Parade, Balmy Blue, and Daffodil Delight
Accessories:  Googly Eyes, Woggle, Small balloon punch, dimensionals, Hop Around Die, Stitched So Sweetly Die, Bead and Baubles Embossing Folder

2 comments:

Allisa said...

Such an awesome card! Fabulous job combining the stamp sets. Your frog is too cute! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Such a fun card Maria - your googly-eyed unicycling frog is adorable and I love the combination of sets and characters used to create your scene. Thanks for making me smile over at The Paper Players this week!