Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Rose Made with Balloon punch - a CASE

Anytime I learn of a different and unique way to use one of the punches I get excited. 

Yesterday I learned how to made a rose using the new Balloon punch, thanks to a video made by Nicole Creations here 




The rose was made by punching 17 balloons in Real Red card stock, sponging the edges with Real Red ink, and then shaping them with a bone folder.

The rose is built on a 1 1/2" punched circle of the same colour of card stock, and has 4 layers plus the specially shaped center piece.

Layer 1 - bottom - comprised of 6 shaped balloons
Layer 2 - 4 shaped balloons
Layer 3 - 3  balloons
Layer 4 - 2 balloons
Center

The 5 leaves were hand cut from a folded piece of Garden Green card stock embossed with the corrugated embossing folder.

After making this rose using the new Balloon punch I was curious to see if I could make a rose from the Balloon Boutique punch (the larger of the two balloons).  I was able to do so.  See the picture below.  It is made using Melon Mambo card stock.


No comments: