Monday, September 10, 2018

Winter Woods in Vanilla and Gold - a case

There are a number of examples of this card design, using the Winter Woods stamp set and coordinating framelits, on Pinterest - some made using gold foil, some using silver foil. Personally, I find Vanilla and Gold an elegant combination and I'd like to thank Mary Fish for her lovely card, which I was able to case thanks to her wonderful tutorial.

Thick Very Vanilla card stock was used as the card base upon which I placed a layer of Gold card stock. In the center I adhered a smaller piece of regular weight Very Vanilla card stock, upon which  the rest of the card is built.

Two trees were die cut in Very Vanilla, using the coordinating framelits.  The second tree is slightly smaller and has 3D branches on it.  Once die cut I used a stylus to curl these branches out a bit.
After adhering the two trees together (next time I would use mini dimensionals) I applied clear Wink of Stella around the edges of the larger tree as well as the 3D branches of the smaller tree.


The sentiment was gold embossed and attached to the underside of the tree with a couple of dimensionals.

Using the curved die strip, I shaped a piece of Very Vanilla card stock which I had embossed with the Gently Falling embossing folder.  This was adhered to some Vellum, which was added to some Very Vanilla card stock cut slightly larger than the Very Vanilla card stock.

I tied a 3/8" gold edged ribbon around the Very Vanilla, & Vellum and tied it in a bow at the right edge.

Dimensionals were used to add the tree to the card front and the card is done.

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Winter Wood
Ink: Versa Mark
Papers:  Thick Very Vanilla, Very Vanilla, Gold Foil, Vellum
Accessories:  3/8" gold edged ribbon, Gently Falling embossing folder, In the Woods Framelits, Clear Wink of Stella, Gold embossing powder, dimensionals.