Sunday, August 19, 2018

I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day-------

The jingle kept ringing in my head as I was making this Christmas card.

Since I learned how to stamp in a circle using the Stamparatus I can't seem to stop doing this technique.  There's something addictive about this technique, and I find myself looking at my stamps in a different light, especially the smaller ones.  So, when I saw the lonely single Christmas bell stamp in the Blended Seasons stamp set, guess what I did --yup, stamped in a circle.


Because the image is a little larger than the ones I usually use for this technique, I had to start with a square larger than my templates - 5", so one of the first things I had to do was to make a template just for this card.

After stamping the images, I coloured them with a combination of watercolor pencils and blendabilities.  I then added some Clear Wink of Stella on each Christmas bell.

In the center I placed a sentiment (from "Getting Ready for Christmas", die cut it with a Stitched Circle framelit and matted it with a Real Red scallop circle.  The two layers were adhered together using dimensionals and then added to the center.

The image piece was matted with Smokey Slate card stock and then added to a 5 1/2" square Real Red card base.

Have you ever finished a card and then have something fall on it?  Well, that happened to this card, thus the 3 gold glimmer stars.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Blended Seasons, Getting Ready for Christmas
Inks:  Black Memento, watercolor pencils, Blendabilities
Papers:  Real Red, Smokey Slate, Whisper White
Accessories:  Blender pen, Clear Wink of Stella, Stamparatus, Template, Stitched Circle framelits, Scallop Circle framelits