Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Lavendar thank you from an Oldie

Yesterday I was selling my stamp sets on-line and came across the Fabulous Flora (retired hostess) stamp set.  What really surprised me was my reluctance to part with some of my sets - well, a lot of my sets.  But I was determined and managed to sell a good number of them.

Back to the Fabulous Flora stamp set.  I couldn't resist one last 'stamp'.  The card is below:

The lavender image was stamped twice and colored with blendabilites.  The background dots were stamped with the Timeless Texture dot stamp. 

Looking at the flowers I realized something was missing.  While sitting in the patio this afternoon and lazily watched a honey bee flit from flower to flower  I realized what it was. A bumble bee.  The flowers needed a bumble bee.  The one on this card  is from "Garden in Bloom"

The image was die cut with the stitched circle framelit, and matted with a Fresh Fig scallop circle. The two were adhered together with dimensionals.

Around this focal image two silver foil doillies cut in half were adhered to the circle.  This unit  was then hadhered to the card front using dimensionals.



The card base of Fresh Fig is matted with a Whisper White layer embossed with the Layered Petals Embossing Folder which was also brayered with Pool Party ink.  On the bottom part is some Tranquil Texture DSP with 1/4" white organza ribbon added to the top

The sentiment is from Hand Delivered.


Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Fabulous Flora, Hand Delivered, Timeless Texture, Garden in Bloom
Inks:  Black Memento, Blends (Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Balmy Blue), Basic Black marker, Pear Pizzazz. Pool Party
Papers:  Tranquil Tide, Whisper White, Tranquil Texture DSP
Accessories:  Layered Leaves Embossing Folder, Brayer, Dimensionals, Silver Doillies,, glitter (non SU), 1/8" white organza ribbon



No comments: