Thursday, May 3, 2018

Sneak Peak Annual Catalogue- The Impossible Card

I'm intrigued by unusual cards, and the Impossible Card is just that.

I've seen numerous samples of this card type on Pinterest posted by numerous Demonstrators, but I used the measurements by Dawn ( and the template she suggests) to make this card, using some of the new products from the upcoming Annual catalogue.


The card is not that impossible to make, but it can be a bit tricky.

The card base is Marine Macaron ( a color brought out of retirement) and layered with Whisper white and Share What You Love DSP.

The flip up panel is comprised of Whisper White matted with Always Artichoke card stock.  On the Whisper White, I stamped some "dot" stamps from the Timeless Texture Stamp set and some leaves using the Mossy Meadow marker.  The flowers were cut from remnants of the DSP and adhered in both corners. (Looking at the card now I see the possibilities for a calendar card)



A double white organza ribbon was adhered in the upper left.



To stabilize the card a 1/2 by 5 1/4" strip of Mint Macaron was added near the bottom of the card. On that strip I added a 1 3/8" Mint Macaron circle, layered with a  1 1/4" Whisper White circle.  On that circle I added another flower I cut from the DSP.



Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Love What You Do, Timeless Texture
Inks:  Mint Macaron, Mossy Meadow Marker
Papers:  Mint Macaron, Whisper White, Love What You Do DSP
Accessories:  1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1/4" white organza ribbon, score tool.



No comments: