Sunday, May 13, 2018

Heartland Birthday

Happy Mother's Day everyone.
I am sitting out on the patio enjoying the early morning sunshine.  Weather predictions are "a heat wave" for the next couple of days.  Quite a change from the ice storm of 3 weeks ago.

Today's card is another masculine card - featuring the Heartland stamp set.  The images of this stamp set remind me so much of my early roots on Canada.  My family's first placement in this country was on a farm.


I sometimes wonder what I ever did without the Stamparatus.  It seems I am using it to stamp almost everything, mainly because of the clear, crisp images I getting.

The image of the barn was no exception.  After stamping it with Black Memento in, I coloured it using diluted Brusho crystals and an Aqua painter., and did a light wash on the sky and foreground.  Some Clear Wink of Stella on parts of the building really brightened it up.

Oval framelits were used to die cut and mat this art piece and they were adhered together using dimensionals after sponging the edges with Soft Suede ink.


Although the base card is Soft suede layered with Plank embossed Whisper White, I chose to mat the art piece oval with Chocolate Chip card stock.  The DSP is Soft Suede matted with Soft Suede card stock.

The sentiment is from "Better Together" and this die cut oval was added to the card front using dimensionals.

Supplies Used: 
Stamps:  Heartland, Better Together
Inks:  Black Memento, Soft Suede, Brusho Crystals
Papers:  Soft Suede, Whisper White, Soft Suede DSP, Chocolate Chip
Accessories:  Plank Embossing Folder, Layering Oval Framelits, Dimensionals, Clear Wink of Stella, Aqua painter, Stamparatus


No comments: