Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Shimmer Butterfly card - To Cheer You

I made this 5 by 7" card at the request of a student who has a fellow worker aged 26 diagnosed with cancer.
I did not want to make a card that looked like a sympathy card, nor did I want it to look too cheerful. This is what I settled on.


After making the butterfly in the previous post, I decided to experiment making another butterfly this time using the more detailed framelit and thinlet as my mask and Prussian Blue Brusho crystals along with the Shimmer Texture paste. I had to be careful I did not use too much of the Prussian Blue Crystals as this is a very intense colour.

After taping the butterfly framelit and thinlet onto watercolour paper, I sprinkled only a tiny amount of Prussian Blue Brusho Crystals onto them, followed by the application of a generous amount of Shimmer Texture Paste.

The result was a lovely pale blue.  After the paste dried, the butterfly was die cut using the corresponding framelit die.


Then using the Iridescent glimmer paper  from the Myths and Magic Glimmer Paper Pack, I die cut a butterfly thinlet and adhered it to the die cut butterfly which was now dry.

The excess coloured paste was applied to a piece of Whisper White card stock, and when dry, I punched out 4  scallop circles (1 1/4").  The butterfly were mounted on these.

The butterflies were mounted on some Whole Lot of Lovely DSP edged with a strip of Iridescent Glimmer Paper.

This was adhered to a Whisper White layer embossed the Scattered Sequin Embossing Folder, which in turn was adhered to a Soft Sky cardstock base.

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Friendly Phrases (non SU)
Ink:  Black Memento
Papers:  Watercolour, Whisper White, Soft Sky, Whole Lot of Lovely DSP, Iridescent Glimmer Paper
Accessories:  Bold Butterfly Framelits, Butterfly framelits, 1 1/4" scallop circle punch, 3/8" Pool Party shimmer ribbon, Scattered Sequin Embossing Folder, Dimensionals, 1/2" circle punch, Shimmer Texture Paste, Brusho Prussian Blue Crystals


No comments: