Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Gorgeous Butterfly - Brusho and Glimmer Texture Paste

Today I played - using the new Shimmer Texture Paste with Brusho crystals.  I used various dies and decorative masks, but the one I like the best is this butterfly I created.


Using the Bold Butterfly Framelit taped to a piece of Watercolour paper, I sprinkled a tiny bit of red and yellow Brusho crystals within the confines of the framelit.

Then, using a palette knife, I added some of the new Glimmer Texture past and mixed the paste with the Brusho - the paste being wet activates the Brusho crystals.

When I was happy with the result, I removed the butterfly framelit and set it aside to dry.  While it was drying I washed the framelit thoroughly.  This last step is very important.
Using Basic Black cardstock, I die cut a Butterfly thinlet the same size as the framelit.

When dry, the butterfly was die cut using the butterfly framelit.

The two were adhered together at the body only using tombo glue.


No comments: