Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Christmas At Home

I used this stamp set to make a Halloween/fall card  here  as part of my team swap.

Today I used the same stamp set to make a Christmas card.  I just love the way it turned out.


The image of the door was stamped onto Whisper White and die cut using the "At Home Framelit dies".  I found it easier to die cut the inner door (the one that opens) before I cut the door jam. After die cutting the windows in the door,  I added a Whisper White piece of card stock behind the entire door providing stability to this unit. A piece of window sheet was adhered to the inside of the door window
Using blendabilities, the door was coloured Cherry Cobbler; the jam Slate Gray.


The base card is Real Red, layered with Slate gray card stock embossed with the Brick embossing folder. Some Basic Gray ink was sponged lightly over the surface of this embossed surface to bring out the features better.
At the bottom I added a 1" piece of Hardwood DSP - this was the porch floor.  A welcome mat was stamped and die cut and added to the door threshold.

A Christmas arrangement in a planter was placed on the floor on each side of the door, and a candle lamp was also attached to the upper wall - also on each side of the door.

An over the door wreath was coloured, die cut and hung over the top of the door. A wreath was also added over the door window.  A piece of Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine was tied into a bow and added to the wreath.

Open the door and you are greeted with a message: "I Feel at Home when I'm with You"

To finish off I added to Lacquer to the lights, door handle and lock, Christmas arrangement pots and some Wink of Stella to the berries and flowers that had been coloured red.

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  At Home with You
Inks:  Black Memento, Stampin Blendabilities, Crumb cake and Old Olive markers
Papers:  Real Red, Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Wood Crate DSP
Accessories:  At Home Framelit die, Brick Embossing Folder, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella , Lacquer (non SU), Window Sheet, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine.

Here's the Fall/Halloween card I made using the same stamp set:



No comments: