Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Craft Show Bancroft

The craft show in Bancroft this past Saturday was very successful.

I drove 1 1/2 hours north on the Friday before to set up with the help of my down line who lives in the community.  She very kindly provided me accommodation for the night so that I was able to start the next morning well rested.

At the event I was given one 8 foot table so it was a challenge to set up everything I brought. And due to public health concerns  I was not allowed to sell any food products.  So my "treat" in their beautiful containers, were returned to the car. Sigh!  But this did provide more room on my table.

You can see I had to think of some creative ways to display some items.  Note the items held along the lower table cloth front and sides with paper clips.  By the way, peeking in the background in my downline who stayed with me all day to help me.  This was really, really appreciated.

Although it was a relatively small event it was well attended, and both my downline and I were busy all day, and sales were brisk.

What sold the best?  Christmas cards topped the list.  As a matter of fact, I sold out of 3/4 of my Christmas cards and now have to scramble for the next show on the 26th.  This is the 3rd show in a row that I sold out of Christmas cards. Also sold out were the owl book marks.  I started with almost 200 of them in October, and I sold my last 2 at this event.  These book marks feature owls made using the Owl Builder punch which is now retired. I also sold post it notes, ornaments, vellum light shades and other objects too numerous to mention.

Because of the success of this show and the previous other two, I have been extremely busy replacing inventory for the next 3 shows.

Unfortunately my blog has had to be placed on the back burner for now.  Stay tuned for new posts soon.

No comments: