Monday, July 3, 2017

Climbing Orchid - Hand Stamped Sentiments #267

I made this orchid card for the color challenge with Hand Stamped Sentiments
This is a stamp set I have wanted to play with ever since the new catalogue came out, but life happened.
When I saw the color challenge:  Lemon Lime twist, Rich Razzelberry, and Dapper Denim I knew I had my chance.  One of my down line told me today that her orchid is blooming today and in exactly these colors.
 



The orchids were first stamped with Rich Razzelberry and lightly colored in  the center and edges with a Lemon Lime Twist marker.  The center part of the flower was stamped with Lemon Lime Twist with the stamens stamped in Rich Razzelberry.  These  flower parts were die cut using the Orchid Builder Framelits. I also stamped and die cut two buds.

The center was added to each flower with a dimensional and Wink of Stella applied



To make a stem for the orchids, I die cut a branch from Layering Seasons Framelits in Dapper Denim and inserted it in a jar stamped with "Jar of Love framelits" and die cut with the "Everyday Jar Framelits".  Using a blender pen I colored with jar edges while the ink was still wet.  I also stamped in some water for the jar bottom , added some dot stamps from Timeless Texture and applied some Wink of Stella.

Before adding the branch in the jar, I stamped two floral images (not the stems) from the Jar of Love stamp set in Lemon Lime Twist. Then I added the flowers to the branch with dimensionals.

The buds were adhered to the top of the branch of the stem.

Finally, I stamped, die cut, and adhered a Dapper Denim bow at the neck of the jar.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Climbing Orchid, Jar of Love, Timeless Texture
Inks:  Lemon Lime Twist, Dapper Denim, Rich Razzelberry
Papers:  Dapper Denim, Lemon Lime Twist, Whisper White
Accessories:  Orchid Builder Framelits, Everyday Jar Framelits, Layering Seasonal Framelits, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella (clear)

No comments: