Sunday, August 21, 2016

Another Christmas Tags in a Tin

Today was much too hot to be outdoors.  My friends tells me she went to the local Farmer's market to buy strawberries, but the heat made her literally ill, so she headed home to an air conditioned home to recuperate on the couch.

I'm still trying to get ahead of myself, getting ready for classes, and for my craft shows.  Yesterday I made 6 tags using the Gingerbread house image from the Candy Lane DSP.
The tags today use the same DSP, but I use other images that are just as impressivel.  Again, I made 6, and placed them in a decorated tin.

The tags are 2 by 4" and this time I use a different tag punch (it's also retired),  Above are the six tags, the decorated lid and a small label tag

The images were cut from the DSP and adhered to another pattern of the same DSP.  The word "NOEL" die cut in Red Glimmer paper is from a non SU source.  3/8" real red ribbon is inserted in the opening at the top of the tag and tied with gold cording.

The tags are placed in a decorated recycled and repurposed tin.  Washi tape around the edges hid the previous purpose of the tin.  Three layers of cardstock decorate the front - Early Espresso, Crumb Cake and Candy Lane DSP.  The corner rounder punch rounded all 4 corners.

Decoration of the tin mimics the tags.

It is tied with a ribbon to keep it closed.

The label identifying the contents is simply half a tag, and decorated in s similar manner.







No comments: