Sunday, June 12, 2016

With Sympathy - another Telescoping Technique

I knew there was a name for the technique that I called "layering" but could not remember it yesterday.  Today I remembered.  It's called Telescoping technique.
Today I made a sympathy card using the Calla Lily stamp from the Remarkably You stamp set, using that technique.
I don't know why I chose to make a sympathy card today, but I know why now.  I just finished watching a news broadcast about the mass shooting in a nightclub in Orlando, Florida - and the arrest of another terrorist who intended to do harm at a Gay Pride Parade in California.  I have friends in both Florida and California, and if any of you are reading this post, please contact me and let me know you are all right. 

This Sympathy card again features a stamp from the "Remarkably Yours" stamp set, and again I use the Telescoping technique.



The image is stamped on a 3 1/4 by 4 1/2" piece of Whisper White cardstock, and coloured with a blender pen and ink pads (Sweet Sugarplum and Old Olive).  Because I wanted to use the telescoping technique, I made 2 coloured images on the same size of cardstock - one to die cut and one to build the die cut pieces onto.

Selecting one of the pieces of cardstock, and using circle framelits, the image was die cut as shown in the picture below.

On the wrong side of the die cuts pieces, 1/2 pieces of dimensionals were attached, and one at a time these pieces were built on the remaining coloured images, carefully matching the images.


Here's a side view of the completed telescopic images.  You can't see it very well, but clear Wink of Stella glimmer was added to the sides and stems of the images.

This Whisper White image piece was matted with a 3 3/8" by 4 7/8" piece of Sweet Sugarplum cardstock.
This was adhered with dimensionals onto a Sweet Sugarplum cardstock base layered with Sweet surgarplum DSP
All layers were sponged with Sweet Sugarplum ink.

The sentiment and label is from the "Rose Wonder" stamp set.  They were stamped with Black Memento ink, and die cut.  Holes were punched at both ends of the label, and a 1/4" piece of white cotton ribbon was inserted in it, underneath it, out the other side, and then around the matted image piece and tied into a kot at the right front.


Supplies Used:
Stamps: Remarkedly Yours, Rose Wonder
Inks: Black Memento, Sweet Sugarplum, Old Olive, Hello Honey
Papers: Sweet Sugarplum, Whisper White, Sweet Sugarplum DSP
Accessories: Rose Garden thinlet dies, 1/4" white cotton ribbon, Circle framelits, blender pen, Wink of Stella clear glimmer brush, dimensionals.


No comments: