Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Serene Silhouettes - Herringbone Technique

This card I did for a challenge with another group.  The challenge was to make a card using the Herringbone technique.  I used the tutorial at Splitcoaststamper  to help me remember as its been a while since I've done this technique.

I used retired DSP "Back to Black" to make this background.

  • The basic card is Basic Black cardstock, layered with Whisper White.
  • On a smaller piece of Whisper White, I adhered Peel and Stick adhesive paper upon which I adhered the 1/8" pieces of DSP.
Close up of Herringbone pattern

  • After the Herringbone design was completed, a piece of white Jute ribbon was adhered across the pattern.  Then it was adhered to the Whisper white mat layer.
  • The image from Serene Silhouettes was embossed with black embossing powder, and die cut with an oval framelit.  It was matted with a Basic Black scalloped oval die cut.  The two were adhered using dimensionals.
  • After the image was attached to the card, a small piece of ribbon was cut, both ends notched, and a small piece of black baker's twine tied around it.  The ends of the Baker's twine were wound through a black button and tied into a bow.
Supplies Used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments: