Friday, March 8, 2013

Bleaching Technique - Card 2 - Feeling Sentimental

I've been continuing to experiment with bleach stamping and have learned a few things.  First of all, don't be generous with the bleach.  After applying bleach to the stamp, stamp off a few times and then stamp the final image.  You'll get more detail that way. Secondly, use the stamp-a-ma-jig to overstamp the bleached image.
Here's the second card for class:

This time I bleach stamped the image onto Cajun Craze cardstock and over stamped with Black Stazon ink.  I then die cut the image with the Oval framelit and mounted it onto a black windows framelit.  The designer paper is from the spring catalogue - Parker's DSP, and the sentiment is from a retired stamp set "Happy Greetings"

Stamps: Feeling Sentimental, Happy Greetings (retired), Itty Bitties
Inks: Black Stazon, Cajun Craze
Papers: Basic Black, Whisper White, Parker's DSP, Cajun Craze
Accessories: Chevron folder, Bleach, Black dotted scalloped ribbon, silver soda pop tops, Windows framelit, Oval framelit, large pearls, dimensionals

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Wow, this turned out awesome Maria!! In the past I have not had very good luck with the bleaching technique, but after seeing your samples (this one especially) I'm going to try again. I'll try your "stamping off" tip to see if this will make the difference. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome work.

Jane said...

What a neat card. Bleaching is one of my favourite techniques. You did a bequtiful job as usual with this card. It has put me in the spirit to head down to my craft room for a while too.