Friday, November 23, 2012

My Favourite Christmas Colors - Challenge 200 LNS

This week's challenge is to make a project using my favourite Christmas colors.  Now that was a challenge for me, because I love so many colour combinations for Christmas, it was really hard to narrow it down.  Of course I love the traditional colors: red and green, but then I like green and brown together, and then there's gold and blue----- You get the idea.  Anyway, I settled on a dramatic color scheme of cherry cobbler and black - after all those are the colours of Santa's suit aren't they? The card is based loosely on a card I saw on Pinterest.





I started by die cutting a large Whisper White snowflake using the Snow Flurries die.  After Sunday's Christmas card class I had no silver glitter paper left, so I had to make my own glitter snowflake using Heat and Stick powder and glitter.  Turned out okay didn't it?  I die cut a smaller snowflake in Red Glitter paper. It was attached to the larger snowflake with dimensionals. The middle of the snowflake is a stamped image from Ornament Keepsakes and that is matted with a 1" scallop in Basic Gray.  The 2 are held together with a red glimmer brad.
Next I made the black banner, with the cherry cobbler flocked window sheet slightly smaller but longer.
Now comes the tricky part - the tulle ribbon.  I cut 2 scallops for each of the 4 clusters, twisted each piece and hot glued it to the whisper White embossed layer.  The black banner was placed on top of it using dimensionals.  The snowflake unit was then attached to the window sheet with hot glue.

Stamp: More Merry Messages
Inks: Cherry Cobbler, Versa Mark
Papers: Basic black, Whisper White, Basic Gray, Flocked window sheet, Red Glitter paper
Accessories:  Cherry Cobbler scalloped tulle ribbon, Snow Flurries die, l" circle punch, 1" scallop circle punch, Red glitter brad, heat and stick powder, silver glitter, Lacy Brocade folder, dimensionals



2 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Wow gorgeous Maria ! Happy Weekend, Shirleyx

MJ said...

Very pretty Maria. The unexpected black is a great touch!