Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Bells of Christmas - The Paper Players #110

The temperature has sure cooled down.  Last night I had to put on a jacket while I was outside.  I know there are still hot days ahead, but the nights are cool - great for sleeping.
Market is finished for me, but I have many craft shows booked up until Dec. 3 - so I need a lot of Christmas cards.
This card was made for the challenge with The Paper Players here




 

Technique: 
Image:  The image was stamped with Black Stazon on Whisper White card stock, and colored with SU watercolor pencils, blending with odorless paint thinner.  Crystal Effects was applied to the bells and the berries.
The Holiday Ornament framelits was used to die cut the image, and the edges sponged with Real Red ink.
Using dimensionals the ornament shaped image was applied to a Whisper White panel embossed with the Square lattice embossing folder.  I then placed a bow of Cherry cobbler baker's twine at the neck of the ornament.
Sentiment: Stamped with Basic Black, and die cut using the Labels framelits and applied to the lower end of the image panel.  A rhinestone completed the image panel.

Stamps: Bells & Boughs, Many More Messages
Inks: Black Stazon, Basic Black, SU watercolor pencils, Real Red
Papers: Real Red, Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Candlelight Christmas paper
Accessories: Holiday Ornament framelits, Labels framelits, Square lattice folder, Chevron folder, Cherry cobbler baker's twine, rhinestone, Odorless paint thinner (non SU), dimensionals,

3 comments:

LeAnne said...

Very pretty...I like how you created an ornament with the B&B stamp! Thanks for playing with my Paper Players sketch this week!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful card, Maria! I love the mix of texture and how you added the sentiment! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a pretty Christmas card, Maria! I love how you sponged the edges for an added touch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)