Thursday, August 16, 2012

Ornament Card - Paper Crew Craft Challenge #3

I am very sad today.  In the middle of making this card I had to take my cat to the Vet as he had been ill for 3 days.  I just got back and the outcome was not good.  I am going to miss him.  We had a good 10 years together.

This card is for the third challenge with Paper Crew Craft here
I found this sketch  a little challenging, but I love challenges and I quite like the way the card turned out. 

 
The image was stamped 3 times using Real Red ink and die cut using the coordinating framelit.  The resulting ornament is 3D, but lies flat for mailing.(See middle image)

Stamps:  Ornament Keepsakes, Petite Pairs
Inks: Real Red, Chocolate chip
Papers: Real Red, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Candlelight Christmas designer paper, Gumball green, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Holiday Ornaments framelits, Square lattice folder, Brocade folder, Polka dot folder, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, 3/8" Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon, dimensionals

6 comments:

Patti said...

Lovely card - love the 3D effect. I'm so sorry about your cat. Losing a pet can definitely hurt your heart.

Theresa said...

I feel so sad for you right now. Our pets become our friends and it is hard to let them go. I know. Having had to do "the right thing" in the past with a couple of my dogs, I know how you are feeling. I have a 12 year old cat who is starting to show her age and I am not looking forward to "that time".
I am glad you were able to carry on and finish the card. It is lovely.

Shans Design Studio said...

My thoughts an prayers are with you as you mourn the loss of your sweet friend. I know I consider my two fur-babies children 3 & 4. Enjoy your memories. Beautifully done card.

Ted and Helen Howard said...

Maria,

How caring you are for taking the one step non of us like to have to do but you are a wonderful person thinking of your precious cat first.I am sorry that you are having to suffer the loss of a special part of your life.Thinking of you and sending my love out to you.Helen

Jane said...

I am so sorry about your kitty. You will miss him so.
Awsom 3d card.

Pam Staples said...

Gorgeous card. Love the 3D effect with the Christmas Ornament. Thanks so much for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew!