Thursday, August 16, 2012

Autumn Leaves - Sketch Frenzy Friday

The weather has cooled down - thank goodness - and we're now receiving some much needed rain.  The rain has come too late for some crops, but just in time for others.
Today is Friday and time for another mini blog hop with Sketch Frenzy Friday.
This sketch is by Tammy Fife.




08/17/12 by Tammy F. 
I must admit I took a few liberties with the sketch.  I wanted to make a Fall card using the Autumn Accents die and the Woodgrain embossing folder, so I used the focal panel to place my Autumn Leaves.  I flipped this panel to the vertical position to accommodate the leaves.
This card was inspired by a video by Frances Martin (Frenchie) here who describes the technique I used to make the leaves.

Stamp:Tiny Tags
Inks: Early Espresso
Papers: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Riding Hood Red, Tangerine Tango, More Mustard, Lucky Limeade, Comfort Cafe designer paper
Accessories: Autumn Accents die, Woodgrain folder, Square Lattice folder, dimensionals. gold smooch. Jewellry punch, Linen thread, 1/2" Crumb Cake seam binding.

Now it's your turn to make a card using the above sketch.  When done upload it to the Sketch Frenzy Friday homepage here
Then visit the blogs of the team members to see how they interpreted the sketch.  And don't forget to leave comments.
Your next stop on the tour is Patrice's blog here

Hope you enjoyed your tour.
Stay well, and I'll see you next week.

6 comments:

Deb said...

Great fall card! Love all the texture!

Patrice Herrera said...

Oh Maria, What a beautiful card my friend! I am so glad you gave us the link so we can see how to make these great leaves. A
lovely card as usual! Where about in Canada are you BTW!

Jane said...

Great card. I love the way you made the leaves look.

Jane said...

Great card. I love the way you made the leaves look.

Sharon Wheet said...

Maria, what a very clever and creative way to use the rectangle piece. Bravo!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Hugs Sharon w

Kim Innis said...

What a great way to use the leaves die! I just love autumn and the autumn colors