Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Flower for All Seasons - Thanks - Create with Connie & Mary

Create Sketches Portrait-010
Today the temperature is 11 degrees C. - positively tropical!  It's so nice to be able to go out and not bundle up with a heavy coat, hat, mitts and boots.  All the snow is gone, and the tulips are coming up fast.  Before we know it they'll be blooming.  I have some yellow ones with orange centers in the front garden, and this is what inspired this card.  I also used a window pane for the first time.  It was a bit challenging!
To make this card, I actually turned the sketch on its side.  I did that because I cut the designer paper the wrong way. The card is based on the sketch challenge with Connie & Mary here
At the side is the sketch. Below is my card.





Stamps: A Flower for All Seasons, Tiny Tags
Inks: Old Olive, Black Stazon, Markers (Daffodil Delight, More than Mustard, Tangerine Tango, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzazz)
Papers: Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Greenhouse Gala Designer Paper
Accessories: Window Pane, 5/8" Certainly Celery Grosgrain Ribbon, Vintage Brad, Linen Thread, Jewelry Tag punch, Scallop Edge Punch, rhinestones

7 comments:

Julie B said...

Oooh, this is really cute! I couldn't see the Beveled Windowpane on the linky photo on the Create with Connie and Mary page. - I love it! It fits the stamp image so nice!

Deb said...

This is a great card! I love how you used the window pane for the focal point and then still added the scallop behind it! Clever!! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

Wow...the beveled window pane is just perfect on this!!! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie & Mary Thursday Challenge!

Lisa Martz said...

I like how you used the beveled window pane for the floral image. It really makes it pop. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge!

Debbie Henderson said...

How clever! I never even thought to use my windowpanes! Love the green! Thanks for playing at Create with Connie & Mary!

Connie Babbert said...

Oh wow! Like everyone else, I love the Window Pane over the image! Great card! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

Carrie Gaskin said...

That stamp looks like it was made for the windowpanes - what a lovely design. Great job on the CCMC challenge this week.