Sunday, February 25, 2024

Just for You - a Slim Line card for TSOT #641

 When I saw the sketch challenge at TSOT, I knew I was going to make a slim line card, and I also knew that I wanted to use the faux ribbon technique on the panel on the card front.



I wanted to make a St. Patrick's Day card, but it just wouldn't go together for me, so I abandoned those attempts and created the current card using the "Cheerful Daisies" bundle.

But the idea of using the faux ribbon technique for the panel persisted in my mind. I had some  "Fresh as a Daisy" DSP left over, so I cut a couple of small strips of two of the patterns.  These I adhered to a piece of Basic White cardstock 1 1/2 by 8" which I had penciled marks every 1/2", starting with the solid coloured one. See picture below. Does it not look like a ribbon rolling down the paper?



The finished panel was added to a piece of Basic White card stock embossed with a slimline embossing folder that has dots on it. I love adding texture to my cards. This embossed piece was added to the Garden Green card base.

At the bottom left I added some Daisy flowers which I assembled after die cutting them using the dies that coordinate with the stamp set.




The sentiment is from "Celebrating You" and the embellishments are from the Holiday Rhinestone collection.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Cheerful Daisies, Celebrating You
Inks:  Crushed Curry, Garden Green
Papers: Garden Green, Basic White, Fresh as a Daisy DSP (retired), Daffodil Delight     
Accessories:  Slimline embossing folder (dots), Holiday rhinestone collection, Dimensionals                                                                                                                                                                                          
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

5 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

That faux ribbon technique looks fabulous and I love the daisies. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT :)

Barb Finnical said...

I just saw your card over at Try a Sketch on Tuesday and had to come over and say "wow." It was that ribbon that really caught my eye. Very cute and clever. I'll have to try that on one of my cards. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Melanie R said...

Great execution of the faux ribbon technique, Maria! Your card is lovely. Thank you for playing along at TSOT CHallenge.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love the faux ribbon affect you used for the one panel... so clever and pretty and perfect for your slimline interpretation of the sketch. Thanks foor sharing your pretty card with us at TSOT.

foleysfriend said...

Great job with the faux ribbon technique. It totally looks like two sided ribbon. Love how you added daisies to the bottom of your card to go with the daisies on the patterned paper. Thanks for joining us at Try A Sketch On Tuesday.

sue n.