Thursday, February 29, 2024

Double Pillar Floral Display Birthday /Anniversary Card for Creative Folds #76

 This double pillar display card (6 by 6")was made specifically to celebrate the 3rd anniversary for the Creative Folds blog /challenge.  I had made a card earlier for challenge #76 but it was not made with the anniversary in mind.  So I wanted to make a card specifically for the occasion. However, I made it a birthday card.

To make the card I used a tutorial by Mixed Up Craft 



Note:  the flowers in the card are left over from previous projects.  I wanted to make my own flowers but I am having trigger finger and other issues in both hands that prevent me from doing fine work.

To protect the fIowers a piece of window sheet (thus the glare in the picture) was adhered over the card front. I also added the display to a 6 by 6" card base at the back. This allows the card to stand up as well although it will stand out without the extra card base.

On the front of the pillars I added some Pansy DSP (retired) matted with gold foil.




The  card does not fold flat for mailing so I made a box for the card.  It could be mailed, but it would be better to hand deliver this one.

Happy Anniversary (birthday) Creative Folds.





2 comments:

Debbie Mageed said...

Wow, Maria, this double pillar card is so beautiful! I love the bouquet of flowers as the focal image. I so appreciate you making it just for our anniversary! That's so sweet! Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

WOW - this is absolutely stunning! All those wunnermus 3D flowers!! :) So happy that you shared it with us at the Creative Creases Challenge this week!