Saturday, January 22, 2022

Island Vibe - fronds through a window

 Tropical leaves peeking through a window - that's how I saw the stamped image from the SAB stamp set "Island Vibe". That is why I created the card the way that I did.


I don't normally use the two colours of Blushing Bride and Just Jade together on a card, but I selected this colour palette based on the DSP I elected to use.  Don't see any Blushing Bride in the DSP?  That's because at the last minute I changed my mind and decided to use the reverse side of the DSP. Now that the card is finished I don't mind the use of those colours together.



Here's how I created the window effect....
1.  Place a 3 1/2 by 4" piece of Basic White card stock in the Stamparatus, using Just Jade ink to stamp the image. To obtain the colour saturation I wanted I had to apply ink and stamp 3 times.



2.  Cut the image into 3 equal pieces of 1 3/8 by 3"
3.  Mat these with 3 1/8 by 1 5/8" of Blushing Bride card stock and then adhere them equally spaced on a 4 1/2 by 3 1/4" piece of Just Jade card stock. This is the 'window' panel.




Card Base:
Adhere a 3 3/4 by 5" piece of Abstract Beauty DSP to a 4 by 5 1/4" piece of Blushing Bride card stock.
Add this to an A2 Just Jade card base.

Adhere the 'window panel' to the completed card base using dimensionals.

Stamp the sentiment from "Biggest Wish" stamp set with Just Jade ink on Basic White card stock. I again used the Stamparatus to do this.  I trimmed this down and added it to a 1 1/4 by 2 3/4" piece of Blushing Bride card stock notched at one end and added it to the upper right panel using dimensionals.


To finish the card I added Some Brushed metallic dots.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Island Vibe (SAB), Biggest Wish
Inks:  Just Jade
Papers:  Just Jade, Basic White, Blushing Bride, Abstract Beauty DSP
Accessories:  Brushed Metallic dots, Tailored Tag Punch (to notch sentiment panel), dimensionals


No comments: