Friday, January 21, 2022

New Horizon Designer Paper - some wow cards!

 The gorgeous New Horizon DSP can be used on a card without any stamps, or embellishments with the exception of a sentient. However, the card can be made even more gorgeous using the following stamps:  On the Horizon, Grassy Grove, and Special Moments (SAB) as well as the following dies: Grove dies, Horizon Dies.

To make these cards, I took any one 6 by 6" piece of DSP, cut it into 4 (3 by 3") pieces, then matted each piece with 3 1/4 by 3 1/4" Basic Black card stock.  This was mounted onto a Basic White A2 card front using dimensionals.

Sentiments used were from SAB Special Moments stamp set.

Below are the 4 cards.  In the first 2 cards I did not add anything to the DSP, but I did in the third and fourth.






Sailboat and birds from "Sailing Home"


Trees and birds from "On the Horizon"

For the next card I cut a 3 by 5" piece of DSP that reminded me of a Sunset.  I matted it with 3 1/4 by 5 1/4" Basic Black and added it to a 4 by 5 1/4" piece of Basic White embossed with the Texture Embossing folder.
The birds are from "On the Horizon", the trees from "Grassy Grove" stamp sets.  The fence, grass around the fence, are from Horizon dies; the deer from Grove dies.


And finally, I used a full sheet of DSP for my last card.  I did trim it down a bit to make a 5 by 5" card. I matted the DSP with Basic Black card stock 1/8" larger than DSP and mounted it on a Thick Basic White card base.


The background reminds me of Niagara Falls with the steam coming off the falls.  All I did was add a trio of trees, a deer and a sentiment.


No comments: